Founded as a gold mining town in 1901, it was named for mine operator Andrew J. Meers. The only remaining structure of the original town is the Meers Store & Restaurant, which Food Network named as the best hamburger joint in Oklahoma & one of the best in the United States of America, largely due to its signature MeersBurger. The Meers Store also served as the area post office from March 12, 1902, until February, 1989.
Associated Historical Place:
Entry last updated on 2/14/2011 2:00:54 PM by James