Oklahoma the Indian State

Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)

Land in this area was granted to Cherokee Indians by the U.S. in 1828. It opened to white settlement in 1893. The Kaw Indian Tribal Reservation is located 5 miles east. There was located the land allotment of the Honorable Charles Curtis, Kaw Indian, Vice President of the United States, 1928-32. **


On US-77 just south of the Kansas border

Google Map
36.998392, -97.045691
Google Maps | OpenStreetMap | Mapquest | Bing Maps


Photo (CC BY-NC-SA)



** Information from OHS Historic Markers http://www.okhistory.org/


Other places listed in Kay County