Riley's Chapel

Exploring Oklahomam History
In 1843, Reverend Thomas Bertholf built Riley's Chapel on a hill south of the Cherokee capital. The first annual Indian Mission Conference of the Methodist Church was held at the chapel on October 23, 1844. The building was razed in 1868. **

Location

Located 1/2 mile east of junction of US-62 and OK-82 on south edge of Tahlequah, Oklahoma
OpenStreetMap Google Maps
35.863211, -94.976256

Photos

Notes

** Information from Oklahoma Historical Society