Dedicated in memory of parents, teachers and friends who thought us the true meaning of friendship, scholarship, sportsmanship, leadership and honor.
For more than sixty years Friendship schools meet the education needs and were the heart of the Friendship community.
In 1899, soon after old Greer County was
declared to be a part of Oklahoma Territory
and opened for homesteading. Clabber Flat
school and after was called Friendship by some of
those the school was the original home of
the Friendship Baptist Church.
Clabber Flat (Friendship School District)
consolidated with Navajoe and part of Lone Oak
and Riverside school districts. A new school
was built to serve the new consolidated district
it was called Friendship.
In 1935 Pleasant Point consolidated with
Friendship, while a new school was being built
some students attended classes at the
Methodist and Baptist Churches.
In 1937 the last Friendship school was built as
a WPA project. In 1947 a part of the Ozark
District and later in 1958, the Headrick
District joined the Frienship school District.
On Novemeber 1, 1962, the Friendship School
burned and the school year was completed
in the abandoned Humphreys School building.
In August 1963, Friendship consolidated with
Warren School District and formed the school
now known as Navajoe School.
Location
34.71047, -99.23632
Photos


Notes
Friendship School
1 - Riverside School 1889 - 1920
2 - Lone Oak School 1889 - 1905
3 - Lone Oak School 1905 - 1920
4 - Ricks Post Office 1902 - 1904
5 - Pleasant Point 1889 - 1935
School
6 - Friendship School 1937 - 1962
7 - Friendship School 1920 - 1937
8 - Clabber Flat School 1899 - 1920
9 - Midway Methodist 1913 - 1982
Church
10 - Alfalfa Post Office 1903 - 1905
11 - Friendship Baptist 1908 -
Church
12 - Navajoe School 1889 - 1920
13 - Town of Navajoe 1886 - 1907
14 - White School Circa 1894 - 1920
Historic Sites in The Friendship Area
Dedicated March 24, 2003
Friendship School CD Number 5
1936
WPA 1936
Friendship School
C.D. No 5
1936
<BR<BR
Curtis Booher. Co. Supt.
Clark T. Mc Whorter Supt.
School Board
H. N. Schnorrenberg Pres.
J. L. Wiginton Clerk
Gardon Hudgens Member
Associate Board
T. A. Schackleford
J. B. Baucum
Homer Myers
H. V. West
Porter H. Moss Bldg. Supt.
Schall & Perkins Archts.
Friendship
Friendship was once called Alfalfa, serving as the site of the Alfalfa Post Office from 1930 to 1905. Clabber Flat School, which began one mile west and one-half mile north of here in 1899, became the first Friendship School, acquiring its new name because it was the home of the Friendship Baptist Church. After the church was located here in 1908, the town also became known as Friendship. At its peak, Friendship included more than a dozen businesses, all of which gradually closed with the decline in rural population after World War II.
Oklahoma Historical Society 2003 - Friendship History Project.


