Lacey

Exploring Oklahomam History
Lacey

Serving as Post Office from 1890 to 1909. The Town was named for John. F. Lacey from Iowa who served as a member of the congressional committee on Indian Affairs and Chairman of the Committee on public lands which opened Oklahoma Territory to homesteaders in 1889.

Oklahoma Historical Society

Location

7 miles W. of Hennessey on Highway OK 51 Marker on North side of highway.
OpenStreetMap Google Maps
36.1116, -98.0857

Photos

Notes

Hennessey, Ok

Lacy School
1921-1968
Brick Tile was found at Hennessey Park, Hennessey, OK

Lacey, OK

Lacey School - Lacey, OK

Lacey Cemetery - Lacey, OK