St. Louis School for Osage Indian Girls

Exploring Oklahomam History
ST. LOUIS SCHOOL
FOR OSAGE INDIAN GIRLS
1887 - 1949
One-half Mi SW. Est. 1887 by St. Katharine Drexel and Bureau of Catholic Indian Missions, Washington, D.C. Original frame structure located near Main and Palmer burned in 1889, replaced here 1890 by a four-story stone building. Operated by Franciscan Sisters (1887-1915), Loretto Sisters (1915-42), and Blessed Sacrament Sisters (1942-49).

Location

North side of road on U.S. Highway 60 (W. Main St), west of Farrell Ave. Pawhuska, Oklahoma
OpenStreetMap Google Maps
36.664742, -96.35008

Photos

Notes

* GPS from other source
Links:

* Photo provided by Dennis McGill